Sunday, September 13, 2009

Busy weekend! Tomatoes, berries, and flowers Oh My!

Tomatoes of all colors are ready in the garden. I am harvesting vast amounts each day. Here are some pictures from Friday's harvest:


We spent a good part of this morning at our friend Joan's house. She has a beautiful garden and lots of raspberries that she let us pick! Yum!
Thank you Joan!!

After picking and also enjoying a nice lunch at Joan's we headed to Rising Sun Farm to buy some eggs and maple syrup. If you haven't been to Rising Sun... you should. A local organic farm with a wonderful supply of all things grown right there.


Right next store to Rising Sun is the White Pine Apple Orchard. Another local organic treat. This is a farm you should absolutely visit. Organic apples are hard to find locally, and wow do these farmers earn their money. The owner of White Pine, Keith, is a gracious friendly man and full of knowledge. The apples can't be beat!
Keith's tractor-
When Arden was napping upstairs (a miracle in itself) I had time (another miracle) to do some work with my pressed flowers and leaves. Jared was kind enough to build me a huge press that will surely increase the number of dried items in the near future.
Here are some of the items I placed between laminate sheets. Now, what will I do with them????

1 comment:

  1. Oh my is right! Wish I could've come out today. I spent some time at the laundromat :( since we STILL don't have a working washer. But really, it was OK since I could do so many loads at once and I was away from the chaos of home. Apples! Are they selling them already? I want some. Maybe we'll make it out some time this week or else next weekend.
    The flowers look great how they are. I think you should trying slicing a few up just to see what happens. Fun. Back to trying to create things...

    ReplyDelete