Sunday, April 3, 2011

Your view?





I've had some time lately to play around with doing some mini watercolor paintings. Specifically paintings of various flowers, vegetables...and now on to some whimsical animals.


Got a little giddy when making the latest bunch on which I also used stamping to put some random phrases on them.


I really have no idea if these are things that other people will want or like.


But I cut the mini paintings out and glued them to postcard size cardstock...match them with an envelope. Then I have notcard sets.


I sent a set (shown in the above picture with all displayed together) to my aunt. It was spured by a little push via facebook where the first 5 to repond to my post got a handmade something or another from me. Which reminds me I signed up on a couple myself and haven't received anything yet.....hmmmm.


Now I just don't know. I have fun making them...but do others really want them?

If I put a set as part of a donation to our school fundraiser...will I just get pitty response? I think the set would end up in the raffle section..where people can drop tickets in the bag for various items in a drawing.


I have about 2 readers...so not sure I will get an honest response....but if you read this...do tell?! If only to save me the embarrassment.


Pics:)





1 comment:

  1. Sarah! I love the first four. Especially the brown dog (of course). I think they would make great postcards/greeting cards. I can't tell how big they are from the photos. Make more of the platypus and hedgehog. They rock.

    I think the first, fifth and sixth are whimsical -- just depends on the sense of humor of the buyer. Who knows -- they may be more popular than the others because they are unique.

    Please offer them up for your school fundraiser. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the response.

    FYI: It's hard to give feedback on the flowers/veges in the group picture -- I'm not able to see the detail. Can you post more close-ups?

    ReplyDelete