Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hope

Spring is sort of here. It has almost kind-of arrived. We hit 60 degrees earlier this week.

I spent last Saturday getting the growing area (otherwise known as my basement) set up. Grow lights, tables, heating pads, and the onions seeds are planted in the flat.
This coming weekend I will plant pepper seeds, with my good friend Katy's help. I borrowed some soil blocks from my friend Joan, have the organic soil ready.....success will be had!

This weekend will also provide some time for Katy and I to discuss plans to sell some produce and other items at farmers markets and maybe the local co-op. Katy had a lot of success with hot sauce last year so we will hopefully build on that this year.

In other news, I have negotiated a 30 hr/week schedule with my corporate job. That will allow me more time with the boys, getting stuff done around the house, and hopefully relieve some of my guilt about taking care of home.

Spring, spring, my favorite season. Can't wait for the tulips to bloom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment