Monday, November 15, 2010

The Jones'

Keeping up with them could sure be an exhausting endeavor. Lucky for us I rarely try.

It is tempting though. These grown-ups, the same age as I am, making similar incomes...but man, do they have some nice stuff. Matching furniture, beautiful decorations, new homes, nice vehicles, .... lots of stuff.

We don't have most of that stuff, and mostly it doesn't bother me. Until I think about inviting the Jones' over and I think our world might scare them. The only furniture I have actually purchased are a love seat and couch and a mattress....everything else is some form of hand-me-down. Without all that we have inherited from grandparents...we would be mostly furnitureless.

I love our antiques, they are mostly functional.

With 3 cats, a dog, 2 young boys...having anything really nice seems like a pretty futile effort.

So then I ask where o where does the money go, if not to an immaculately decorated home with an lcd tv , nice hardwood floors,etc......

I think it goes mostly toward buying organic food and paying tuition at the Montessori school...not to mention the ridiculously huge mortgage we carry as a result of buying at the tail end of the boom.

So Jones' we love ya, and we might like to invite you over but you will have to excuse the cat hair that gets on your cloths, the mis-matched furniture, the scratched wood floors...and my mom and step-dad living in half of our house.

I think someone should make a sitcom about this situation. Although it would probably bore most of you to death.

Whatcho lookin at???

No comments:

Post a Comment