Monday, December 6, 2010

Bah Humbug! and Perspective

Well, not exactly bah humbug..but sort of.
I started out my week with an 8 am dentist appointment today to have a cavity filled. So not a fun beginning. To top it off, during my appointment they were playing Christmas music. It isn't that I hate Christmas but the music...not a fan. A bit ironic that was playing while I was having my teeth drilled. Appropriate probably since that music really couldn't have gotten any lower in my liking unless I was able to associate it with one of the things I hate most - dental work. Voila!

Two shots of novacaine, some Winter Wonderland tunes, a noisy drill...and one hour later I have a fancy new filling.
On the upside, now that the novacaine has worn off I can feel the left side of my face now and for the first time in over a month I can now chew on that side of my mouth. Yipee.

A week of adapting to another change in the office and lots of coworkers in town from around the globe.
And then for fun on Friday I have an appointment with my ob/gyn for a colposcopy. They may even be playing Christmas music there too...although that seems a little less likely than it did at the dentists office. As if it wasn't disappointing enough to have an abnormal pap, I've been thinking on those results for 3 weeks until this appointment on Friday. If you believe that stress and anxiety have negative health benefits, well then you understand why the wait for this is INSANE for me. If only I could make my brain relax for a while.

On to Saturday for a company Holiday Party. The good times never end!

Of course all of this complaining is just words and dumping it like this does make me feel better.

I have been reminded in the last month about how precious life is. Putting into perspective my minor gripes I have some friends that are dealing with the awful diagnosis of cancer. One a seemingly healthy woman not much older than myself and the other the young daughter of a friend who recently learned of a relapse of lymphoma.

Not being a religious person, statements like "it isn't fair" don't mean much. It always bothered me when I heard people say "you are never handed more than you can handle".

I have faith in the human minds ability to overcome and adapt. I also find great hope in the abilities of science to find treatments. I hope those two important things bring renewed health to anyone suffering from disease. If praying and religious faith is what a persons mind needs to cope or move forward than I am all for it. Life isn't easy and we should take whatever "pill" works even if it only works because we think it is.

Oh my what a disjointed post for no one to read:)
On that note, I have an adorable four year old who is sleeping soundly and I am going to cuddle up to him and enjoy every moment of my wonderful life that I can.

Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. I suggest you request or bring your own xmas music to the ob/gyn. Who knows, she might appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete