Monday, February 2, 2009

Perfect Weekend with a Label on Top!

A fantastic weekend was had by all in our house this weekend. Friday night we had some friends over for dinner and general visiting. It was so great to get together with friends that we are totally comfortable with and we didn’t need to worry about the kids behavior, etc. Poop jokes abounded, food was thrown, and everyone laughed a lot. We made Ethiopian food including a spicy red lentil dish, Yetakelt W'et, and I even took a shot at making injera. The injera wasn’t the best, I think because I only let it ferment for 1 day vs. the recommended 3. Nevertheless, the teff flour had a fantastic taste….and we ate it all.

Saturday there was a heat wave in our area. In the sun the temperature measured 50 degrees WOW! We spent the day at a friends house helping to cut down a dead tree, the kids went sledding and complained about how hot it was—so they got to take off their coats and hats. Good times in the Midwest!

Sunday a visit from Grandpa Arnie brought us a new (to us) buffet, table, and chairs. When folded out the table can seat up to ten people. So, more dinner parties are to be had! I organized all of the kids art supplies into the buffet (yes I know, most people put their fancy utensils, table cloths,etc. in a buffet…I am not most people) . We went sledding with grandpa, out for some yummy Mexican food and then home to enjoy our family time. Another perfect day…that could only have gotten more perfect if I added a trip to Target’ boutique. So I did. I purchased a label maker and some pull-ups. The label maker I have put to use labeling all of the drawers of the buffet according to art supply – glue and stuff to glue, paint and brushes, paper, markers, pencils and crayons. OH THE EXCITEMENT!

I love my new label maker.
Next step is to label the heck out of kitchen stuff including spices, beans, canned foods, etc.

1 comment:

  1. You label making nerd!
    Thanks for the awesome dinner! It was grand and fun despite the fact that P-Diddy and I were super tired. When aren't we tired? We'll have to do it again soon- over at our abode.

    ReplyDelete