Friday, February 20, 2009

You look tan, did you go somewhere?

Just returned from a lovely 4 day vacation to Key Largo. The weather there was fantastic, beach was beautiful, bed was comfortable, resort was clean. What more could I ask for except maybe another month of being there?
The quiet trip gave me some time to relax and do some thinking about my plans. I settled on the idea that my goal is really to either work part-time or have a flexible schedule that allows me to work from home often. Jared and I feel rather strongly that it is important for one of us (me being the chosen one) to spend more time with our boys and in the future to always be there before and after school, to attend and help out with extracurricular events,etc. We want to be involved in their lives, do our best for them...and this we think is a huge part of it. Hopefully I will put my plan into motion in the June time frame, my company seems open to it and I am relieved at the prospect of spending more time with the boys and getting our house back in order again at some point in the near future.

I also managed to finish a whole book on the trip! I read Loving Frank. It kept my interest and I learned a bit from it also. Timely that I read it when I was on this trip thinking about my plans...since for the most part instead of this book touching me as a feminist, or as a free-thinker...it touched me as a mother and I found myself mainly sad for the children in the book and angry at their mother.
The book spends some time discussing Ellen Key, a feminist writer and thinker from the early 1900's. I am intrigued to at least learn more about her and study her ideas. When I have time of course.

This weekends plans include a play for Baker and I (Charlotte's Web) as well as the fun of ordering seeds for the upcoming growing season!!!

Next post will include some trip pix of manatee and sunshine!

1 comment: