Tuesday, January 27, 2009

In other news...

On to other subjects of interest in our life:

Goodbye Bingo!

Bingo, the Betta fighting fish has died. He spent about 3 days dying before finally being flushed after his life ended on Saturday. I don’t know what was wrong with him, the water looked clean, I was feeding him,etc. Baker took the news in stride. He was most interested in getting a new fish. The funeral flush was attended by both Jared and Baker and brought few tears. Later that day when visiting the facilities I was reminded by Baker that there is a fish in the toilet. Umm, yeah buddy…he isn’t around anymore.

Hello Lego’s!

Arden and I took a trip to IKEA and the Mall of America on Saturday. Leaving Jared and Baker to finish (oh not quite finish exactly) painting the kitchen. A stop at Lego Land that included the purchase of small mass produced plastic blocks with pegs amounted to a quick $50.00 spent. Yikes.
The boys seem to like playing with Lego’s.

Arden is very specific about how he builds his towers and seems inclined to have like colors together. He likes to put the “guys” in the towers and build around them.

Baker likes building the more complex cars, Star Wars ships, and Sponge Bob land. With a little help from Jared and with any luck Arden out of the room that is a fun project for them.

Finding time to cook/bake again? Sort of…


One thing I need to be better at is planning ahead for our meals.
Last weekend I prepared some tofu jerky for sandwiches, strawberry chocolate chip scones, blue berry chocolate chip scones, banana bread, and pasta salad with veggies (tomato, olives, cucumber, sugar snap peas). This has made for some quick lunches and dinners so far this week—but it’s only Tuesday!
We’ve pulled out some other meals I made and froze earlier including sweet and sour cabbage soup and veggie pot pies.
Last night I prepared the hash browns for this morning’s breakfast. Coupled that with some smoothies made from yogurt, a banana and some frozen strawberries (I picked these last summer) and the boys were very happy to eat breakfast today.

Prioritize? Fit more in with less time.


I would like to schedule some time each week to work on my projects. I have been collecting some beautiful paper, empty boxes, random garden catalogs and it is time for some productivity in the creative department for me!
Also, I miss my camera so I need to get out and take some more pictures. Should probably organize those that I have taken and get them off of my computer…time time time….where have you gone?

1 comment:

  1. Funny. I didn't even read this before emailing you about my lack of time for all of my cooking and creative desires. I think with cooking, you can always take it a step further, now instead of just buying yogurt for smoothies, I make it. Tomato sauce? Buy seeds, plant, grow, harvest, freeze, thaw, cook, season... Did you try that homemade almond milk yet? Ha.

    ReplyDelete